14 November, 2009

The Beginning

This is my first blog entry ever! I got the idea to start this blog so that family and friends back home and/or far away could follow what I have been up to lately! I start school in January at Brigham Young University-Idaho so I thought that having a blog would be PERFECT for it!
I am currently living in Cedar Hills, UT and working at APX Alarm in their contract processing department. I have met a lot of new people through APX and I have learned a lot from them! My team leads name is Ashley, and she has taught me so much since I have been with APX and has been a great example! I am attending the Manila 6th YSA Ward in a building across the street from The Mt. Timpanogos Temple!! How COOL is that?!?! One of the things I love about Utah the most is that when I look outside I am almost ALWAYS able to see a Temple! I love the Temple so much and it has been a great experience to visit so many of them! I have made quite a few new friends in the ward, many of whom I will see up at BYUI here in the near future!! I only have a week left in Utah, then I come back home to Colorado until right after Christmas time when I go to school. We are going to Grand Prairie, TX this year for Thanksgiving!! I am so dang excited to see all my family and friends again, it has been too long!!
Many of my friends have recently left on missions, or are on missions. Russell was called to the San Bernardino, CA mission last November, and will have been out an entire year this December!! I love hearing from him every week and getting and hearing about his stories and getting pictures (I will put a few up here soon)!! One of my best friends Tyson Walker was called to the Pocatello, ID mission about a month ago. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by!! Brandon Messer, Matt Bennett, Josh Brown, Max Bastian, Bernie Dieker, and quite a few others are out right now. It is so great that these young people have made the decision to serve! They have put their lives on hold for this work, and I am oh so very proud of each one of them!
Well, I am off to bed. I will be back soon with some Utah and other pictures, and some fun details from what I have been doing the past 3 1/2 months!! Good night everyone!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess - Love your blog! I'll be anxious to see new posts. You're an incredibly awesome young woman! Love ya Girl!!! Suzi

    ReplyDelete