The past two weeks have been really stressful for me here at school with an overload of homework, projects and trying to write 2 talks in one single week!! On the 20th I was asked to give a talk in sacrament on the 27th, except for I was the one doing the asking for the talk. I haven't given a talk in sacrament meeting in about a year maybe longer, and I was starting to get that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach during fast and testimony meeting to get up to the pulpit...except to give a talk. I just HAD to! I should have last semester, but I was ignoring the feeling and it was my first semester so I made myself believe I was to busy to give a talk. But I am so very glad that I did ask for the talk!! I needed it so much it's not even funny! I love giving talks in sacrament or in class because it's an opportunity to learn about the subject while teaching others. But anyways...
So for the next week after I got the assignment for the following Sunday, I was busy writing a talk for Sacrament(Freedom Through Righteousness) and one for my New Testament class(Foreordination). It was on the extreme end of the hectic scale that week to say the very least with the talks and a bunch of codes and programming I was doing for my CIT class, but the weekend brought smiles and good times with friends!! My best friend from last semester Jim Craig(Clay Lingard) came up for the weekend to visit me and some of his other friends. It was so amazing to be able to see him again, I had needed it so much!! We originally met in math class last semester and realized that we were in the same science class as well. He was always there for me just to listen but to also make me smile and laugh whenever I needed it just as a best friend should. It was the best feeling in the world to hear his cooky laugh and see his face again! On the 25th we went to Toy Story 3, Bajios, and then went to Porter Park and watched/listened the thunder storm under a pavilion with some other couples of friends-one of the most relaxing feelings in the world. A moment when your heart can stop and say-AH! That Saturday I didn't see him but I did hang out with my roommates and some others. Over all just a great weekend!! On Sunday I gave my talk, and Jim Craig came to listen to me..bum kept making faces at me! :) Then later that afternoon we played games with some people in my ward and had dinner, made brownies, and went to stadium singing together..and reluctantly, I gave him back his hymn book. One of the best weekends I have ever had in my short college career bar none! Never neglect your friends and loved ones brothers and sisters, they are all you have sometimes.
This past week I have been working on a big project for my CIT class again, but with little spurts of fun during the week I made it out alive!! We had a fun FHE getting snow cones with a great lesson, played baseball in the hallway at the guys apartment complex, ran through the sprinklers, a 5 hour band rehearsal, 3 concerts, a friends birthday, my FHE brothers play for theater, a trip to Idaho Falls for the BEST fireworks show I have ever seen, and laughing with friends. Me, Rose Tyler, and Bon Qui Qui have rented a total of 10 movies from horkleys this weekend..and have watched 7 of them so far! :) Oh how I love lazy 3 day weekends. I have yet gone to the grocery store in over a week-I should probably get on that soon!!
I have been so very blessed with the life I have been given! When push comes to shove, show them what you're made of! Take the high road and acknowledge your own faults before you judge someone else should you choose to do so. Love your neighbor as yourself, and praise the Lord your God and none else. CTR!
My name is J-Dizzle and whatever you do-DON'T BLINK!





No comments:
Post a Comment